If your heart beats to the rhythm of iOS and you are looking for your next tech home, Kisko might just be it. You will be stepping into the team in exciting times, as the business is growing nicely and we are expecting the best year of all times this year. At Kisko you are able to bring all sorts of things to the table and further develop the way we do things. The tech stack within iOS is something you’re able to choose and you’ll get the chance to carry out your ideas as much as you dare.
What we do and where we at
For the most part we do greenfield projects and build tools for professionals in many different areas of business from health and wellbeing to accommodation and student housing apps, learning material apps for schools, banking and forest industry etc. So, it is not just about coding, but exploring technical possibilities together with the customer. We build both native and hybrid apps. One very intriguing project you’ll surely be working with is our pride and joy, Aalto Space. You can check more of our references here.
How’s the iOS side currently covered at Kisko? It’s outsourced. Then again, we are strong in the Android end (thanks to Ville and Daniel, who joined us last autumn). This can’t be! The heads need it’s tails! :) One of our long-time Ruby on Rails- kiskonian, has shown interest to dive into the world of iOS and is developing his skills in that area this year. Meaning that chances are, you’ll be getting a partner in crime from him. Maybe you could share your knowledge?
What we wish from you to help you get going here with us
To help us in our current need, you should have already gathered some portfolio, however small or big, and some working history with iOS to be able to jump into our on-going projects. We use Swift and you get a plus from knowing some Objective-C too. Project work and working in close, direct contact with customers should be a convenient way of working for you.
Additionally, in this work you will need (and further develop) vision and know-how of best practises of how to solve things in the UI. As we work seamlessly with designers, you need to have an eye on how the design at hand would work in the iOS platform. We need to consult and share our knowledge both to the client as well as our teammates to reach our shared goal of delivering great digital products.
To top it off, here are some benefits of working with us:
- No to body renting. You’ll be working here with us.
- Remote work whenever you need it
- Great, laid-back teammates, no dick-heads
- English speaking environment
- Lots of freedom and responsibility
- Great environment for personal and professional growth
- 12 years of experience in building apps
- All of Kisko’s partners are coders themselves
- Those who sell have worked with apps. They know what they’re doing -> no shit will be piled to your desk.
- Small but growing team (we’re currently 19 and possibly looking to get to the total team size of 20+)
- The whole company was initially founded on the value of being a good place to work, “to make people happy”. It shows. There’s heart in this business.
- Easily accessible location in Sörnäinen in an old hat factory
- Yearly bonus of company profit
- And of course the massages, crossfit membership, additional health insurance covering also free time activities and other fun factors.
We are happy to tell you more and connect with fellow developers so do reach out to Kisko’s Chief Happiness Officer Anna and she’ll tell you or connect you. If you feel we have some common ground, let us hear from you in Finnish or English:
email@example.com / 0505434088 (WhatsApp is also a possibility).